Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Electrical Cable





I decided to replace the long electrical cable connecting the Airstream to land power. THe old one was frayed and cracked in several places and looked very unsafe. Since I'm not into becoming a human torch, the cable needed to be replaced.

The first step was to remove the double bed and frame. I did that to get enough room and to clean underneath the bed. Lots of dirt there. Of course, there would be problems. It took me an hour or more to get two screws out. The screws held the frame to the floor and the slots and holes were filled with dirt and other things I couldn't identify.

I then removed the old cable. I used a 30 amp cable as a replacement. I followed the old wire pattern ( white to whote, black to black, green to green) There is a cable strain relief that needed to be unscrewed, but that was no big deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home