Sunday, August 10, 2008

Leaks,Leaks, Leaks

Well, I think I've got two more leaks fixed. It's raining right now, so that will surely be my leak detector. The first leak was around the vent for the refrigerator. I finally ended up removing the cap over the vent. The cap is Fiberglas and was faded. Since it was off, I painted it with a shiny aluminum finish, using a Rust-o-lium spray paint. Since it was over fiberglass, its not real shiny but better than it was. Next step was to use Vulcram <sp?> to seal the joint between the vent and the surface of the Airstream. I also sealed the joint about 1/2 unch above the Airstream surface. A leak test showed that water was rising above that lip and getting in.

The second leak was around the jalousy window frame. I had to seal a couple of areas where there was a 90 degree but joint on the frame. It's mostly sealed, but there is still a nagging leak someplace on the lower frame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home